Magnetic movements and the ability to defy gravity! Pole Dance is a spectacular activity combining choreography, gymnastics and aerial acrobatics. For a few last decades pole dancing has been actively developing as a form of acrobatics, sport and fitness.
There may be some stereotypes about pole fitness, but, as many other stereotypes, they most likely come just from a lack of knowledge. Now this is a popular activity all around the world, constantly gaining momentum and involving more and more passionate people. It has official organizations in many countries and there is a developing worldwide pole community. Not only women, but also men and children from very young age train to be pole dancers and excite audience with marvelous performances.
Beautiful Art. Graceful feline movements, amazing acrobatic tricks, harmony and balance, musicality and sensual dancing, sexuality and confidence – that is all about pole dancing & pole fitness. Looking at those sophisticated girls making incredible elements on a pole, beautiful, strong and fine, no matter what body type they have, you are charmed and amazed and clearly realize that pole dancing is a highly complicated and refined kind of art.
Magnificent Professional Sport. Pole dance can be a form of fitness, but this is generally a serious kind of sport. It is regulated by strict rules and includes mastering and presenting numerous techniques, styles and elements: transitions, spins, acrobatic tricks, etc. Pole gymnasts demonstrate their strength and artistic skills at regional and world pole dance and pole sport competitions and championships.
Heath Benefits of Pole Dancing and Pole Fitness. Pole dancing is an intensive full-body workout which has dozens of health benefits:
- Increases strength: it targets large and small muscle groups all over body, training even those that are not involved in usual workout, helps to gain strength and firm muscles very quickly. You will see amazing improvements just after a few weeks!
- Improves flexibility which reduces the risk of muscle injury and pain, and just looks beautiful and adds you a lot of grace!
- Improves cardiovascular health and metabolic processes
- Improves joints and bones health
- Helps to maintain a graceful posture and reduces the risk of back pain
- Improves coordination and rhythm, makes your movements flowing and graceful
- Gives a lot of positive energy, reduces stress and anxiety, makes sleep healthier
With regular pole dance training, you become stronger, more flexible and therefore your body confidence greatly increases – this is a really wonderful feeling to notice the amazing changes in your figure and movements. It will naturally increase your general confidence and self-belief, which will promote the development and help you to achieve higher results in all other areas. Trying pole sport, many people fall in love with it for a long time, and it surely changes their life!
Many aerial gymnasts came to pole sport and built a successful career at a relatively mature age. So there are no restrictions and limits for entering it. It requires a lot of hard work and persistence, but it’s certainly worth dedicating yourself to!