When you start doing something new, such as attending a training session, learning anextreme sport or a new profession, you may feel you lack confidence and are even weak.
This is especially true if you see others doing great at something that you are trying to do.Feelings of fear, embarrassment, clumsiness should not affect you or make you quit. You have already done one of the hardest things: you have taken the first step to learning ormastering something new! Here are a few other points you should keep in mind.
- The people who are so brilliant at what they do have been training really hard tobe able to do what they do the way they do it. And they were beginners, too, justlike you are now; they probably lacked confidence and were doubtful. What madethem professional, among other things, is their perseverance.
- You have probably started to do something new before and most likely succeededeven if that was something relatively simple and ordinary. Take into considerationyour previous success and what helped you achieve your results. You might notbe aware of your success when you attain it – the thing you mastered simplybecame your strength or turned into your everyday routine. But it is important torecall your past achievements as doing so will inspire you to move forward!
- Surround yourself with people who support you in a way that makes you feelstrong, capable and more confident. Ideally, these people should be people whoseexample you want to follow and from whom you can and want to learn.
- Practice as much as you can. Confidence is in the actions. The more you practice,the more powerful you will feel.
- Praise yourself on every step of the way. Do so even for small achievements.Feeling successful will give you a lot of positive energy, and nothing will be ableto stop you!
- Enjoy what you are doing, no matter how hard it is at the beginning. You are atthe beginning of a long and exciting journey and have just entered a new worldfull of fascinating discoveries that are awaiting you! Doing something challengingand overcoming difficulties is essential to development and a crucial part ofhappiness in life!